Gamecock Orientation for the 2018-19 academic year kicks off in June with the theme, “Your Adventure Begins Here.” JSU plans to welcome between 1,200 and 1,300 new students and their family members to the campus in the events.
The goal of Gamecock Orientation is to achieve the following:
- Introduce the JSU undergraduate community to new students from an academic and personal perspective.
- Provide information and assistance to new students (and their families) so that they may succeed academically and develop socially.
- Utilize GO! Leaders who can share their own experiences as a source of support and information.
- Allow new students to meet each other and interact in small group settings to develop new relationships.
- Provide information on the variety of student services offered on campus so that students will feel comfortable navigating the university on their own.
2018-19 GO! Leaders and Specialists helping new students get acclimated to JSU include:
- Megan Ogle, GO! Leader, communications/PR
- Jack Gehrdes, GO! Leader, political science
- Jennifer Foster, GO! Specialist, English
- Kuvvat Jorayev, GO! Leader, finance
- Jenna Bennett, GO! Leader, finance
- Christy Burns, GO! Specialist, English
- Reyna Ramirez, GO! Leader, nursing
- Ann-Katherine Dothard, GO! Leader, nursing
- Brent Helms, GO! Specialist, chemistry
- Jalia Wilkins, GO! Leader, criminal justice
- Stone Alexander, GO! Leader, pre-health prof biology
- Erin Rider, GO! Specialist, sociology
- Skylar Fontaine, GO! Leader, occ safety/health management
- Danielle Sanders, GO! Leader, nursing
- Katelyn Williams, GO! Specialist, English
- Patrick Hubbard, GO! Leader, nursing
- Caitlyn Whitehead, GO! Leader, nursing
- Allen Gilbert, GO! Specialist, kinesiology
Gamecock Orientation Dates:
June 7, 12, 14, 19, 21 and 26
July 12, 17, 19 and 24
Transfer Orientation Dates:
June 8 and August 6